Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Grandpa Fell asleep during star wars

It was 1977. I was five years old. My grandfather, Pata, took me to Cinema 21--weird name, they only had 1 theatre--to see Star Wars. My DNA was changed forever.

The space battles were awesome, cool, amazing....But what i remember most was the tattooine stuff. the desert scened. it looked like el centro, where I was from. Star Wars is set in my hometown which means...I can fight the Empire. Me!

during the death star battle I remember looking over at my grandpa, assuming he was as blown away as I was.

He was asleep. During Star Wars! How was that possible? I was mad. afterwards i told him he was dumb grandpa.

I bring this up because my son and I were watching Clone Wars cartoon last night. Mace Windu was kicking some butt, and then all I remember was Logan patting my head. Asking me why I fell asleep.

Sorry Pata.

No comments:

Post a Comment